Friday, April 1, 2011

how we met...

I graduated from Sheridan College's Post Grad Computer Animation course in August 2010, where I learned a lot about the animation pipeline. Everything from story boarding, layout, animatics, modeling, rigging, animating, lighting, rendering, to composting. I used mostly Maya, After Effects and Photoshop for my school work. (My final film can be viewed at my website: www.tangdonna.com)

Upon my graduation I had the opportunity to work at Screen Industries Research and Training Centre, situated at Pinewood Studios in Toronto, as a Research Associate. Previs with motion capture was a large part of my role at the SIRT Centre. I had access to SIRT's optical motion capture facility, which is where I received training for setting up mocap cameras, setting up virtual cameras, placing markers on the actors, and calibrating the machines. My role also included building low poly previs assets in Maya and Houdini and testing it in Motion Builder and Blade.

I started learning and using Houdini in November, at SIRT. They sent me to a two day training course at Side Effects Software and that's where I learned about their Animation Internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment